Monday, October 27, 2014

Microblog Monday: Ghost of Infertility Past

This morning my biophysical profile was scheduled at the same location at my RE. The waiting room for the actual RE appointments was separate, but they utilize a shared waiting area for the ultra-sound appointments.

I sat in the waiting area surrounded by women without obvious bellies, feeling remarkably uncomfortable and like a traitor. The old emotions of hopefulness mixed with fear came rushing back to me and my level of empathy for these women soared. The one woman, sitting next to her husband, with her hand held tightly in his, kept looking me and my belly. I wanted so badly to let them know that I knew, I understood, I got it, but I couldn't figure out how to say these things.

1 comment:

  1. We need a secret handshake, a head nod, an invitation to start a conversation and commiserate.

    ReplyDelete