- Many baby items are reminiscent of horror movies (eg. The creepy lullabies of the wind-up mobile, the night-vision mode of the baby monitor, etc.)
- I haven't figured out yet how to simultaneously hold the breast pump nipple guards to my breasts and turn on/off the pump at the same time. So far, this has resulted in one dropped and spilled bag.
- Babies have the best smell and the softest skin. I knew this before, but I am constantly amazed by it.
- I am also amazed at how my body has been changing shape daily, slowly beginning to resemble what I remember as normal.
- Women's sanitary pads have come a long way since I last used them as a teenager.
- Even more than any aspect of Beuhla herself, so far my favorite part of motherhood has been watching C be a fantastic, loving father.
Monday, November 10, 2014
Microblog Monday: first week of motherhood
Some random thoughts after my first week as a mother: